Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Suburbs vs NYC

I was gchatting with my friend Vic the other day, and we were discussing crown molding. (Obsessed? Perhaps.) She owns a gorgeous condo in Manhattan - home of beautiful architectural details and delicious dumplings. We live in a townhome that has all the architectural detail of a moving crate. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Putting up the crown molding was such a pain because our ceilings are crooked. We have serious wall slope.
Vic: Me too! You can really notice it when you look at my built-in bookcase.
Me: Built-ins? What are those? Oh yes, those are my dream. I forgot.
Vic: Slope adds character! Old buildings are like that. Is yours pre-War too?
Me: Ha! Pre-war. That's funny.

Please note: Our actual IM conversation had much less punctuation and many more lower case letters.

New York City, I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment